Thursday, October 15, 2009

C&E outline

Cause and effect outline
The effects of studying in America
Thesis statement: studying in America makes me become different from those contemporary students who study in china, because I am becoming more independent, having more perspective insight of international dimension and knowing more friends from all over the world

1st paragraph:
Since I left my parents to come to United States and begin to solve all the problems occurred in the daily life by myself, I am becoming more independent.
1. In the study, I chose the major that I really like, and scheduled the course that fulfill the requirement. I began to make the decision by myself.
2. In the daily life, I brought everything that I need in the daily life, tried to find a prefect apartment and arranged the time appropriately and reasonably.
3. Leaving my parents, I began to make decision by myself and to think about my future seriously.

2nd paragraph
When I study in America, I can learn more knowledge from the international foresight.
1. The professors in USA will talk the issue that happens all over the world.
2. I can learn more things about western culture. And I can acquire lots about the way American think and how to analyze the problem, which is more precise than Chinese do.
3. Staying in America, I can know more about how westerners think about Asians, so that I can realize which disadvantages we have.

3rd paragraph
I can have more friends who are from different part of world, so that I can have a broader network.
1. Since America is an immigrant state, different races and distinctive cultures converge in this country. As a result, I can know much more different people with totally different background.
2. With the help of knowing different people from all over the world, I will have a broader network for my career improvement.

Conclusion:
Due to the decision that study in America, I becoming different with my friends in china in mainly three different fields that I am becoming independent, having more international insight and knowing more friends with different backgrounds.

1 comment:

  1. Luying, I like your C&E outline, which shows the reflection about yourself. It sounds very interesting, and I think you'll learn a lot while writing this paper. Also, please state your claim directly in topic sentences. For example, you can state that "studying in the USA makes me more independent." You do not need additional information for the topic sentence, but you can elaborate more after mentioning the topic sentence. So, try to make topic sentences as concise as possible. If you have any difficulties, just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete